Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Reader


She reviewed my memories
Felt something like feathers
And talked about gardens
And the quiet that gathers
With fingers of static
And persistent amibition
I was rendered receptive
Of embodied conditions
She saw all my fathers
The stairways that fell
And painted some pictures
Of a past life's farewell
An alternate universe
Or some other dimension
A thing I once knew
A familiar retention
That bubbley commotion
As it flashed through my head
A renewed realization
Of something I fled

© Rachelle

"Deja Vu"
Macy Gray

Lyrics:

I've been here before,
I'll be back for more,
Maybe this time I can stay
forever more...

Wonder what the future brings,
Fortune tellers and time machines
I predict what they'll predict for me:
that I keep coming back to you,
(coming back to you),
I keep (coming back to you),
I keep (coming back to you),
hey, I'm (coming back to you).

One day they'll get it right
I will live and I will die
A million times, as long as you are mine,
I keep coming back to you,
(coming back to you),
I keep (coming back to you)...

Go back and go ahead, over again I'll meet you, baby
Tomorrow, yesterday's impossible to leave you, baby
Any way and ev'ry day,
I'll take you baby
They call it deja vu, but I'm, I'm just in love with you
Keep coming back to you (Been here before.)
Coming back to you....

I've been here before.
I'll be back for more.
Maybe this time I can stay.

Back to my main page

Or see what I last month's postings