Monday, February 6, 2012

Crafts & Things

So far, for the most part, this blog has just been a place to periodically share things I've written over the years, or things I've rewritten from old ideas, along with the occasional reporting of vacation escapades or note here and there on different topics that have my interest on a given day. However, I might consider sharing more of my journeys as I try new projects.

Right now I'm attempting to learn to knit on a loom. It's not quite as simple as making a rug. And I have little-to-no previous knitting experience in the traditional sense. But the loom knitting looks like it might be fun and a change from having to sit at the sewing machine or at a table.

I recently became interested in a site called Pinterest. There are tons of ideas for all types of craft and sewing projects, techniques, gift making ideas and even recipes.

I do plan to try some of the things I've seen and 'pinned' to my 'boards.

We'll see how it all goes.