Sunday, February 12, 2012

Head Lumps & Coconuts

I've been reading from the book "The Song of the Bird" by Anthony de Mello. There's a short story about a man and a monkey. The monkey threw a coconut from a tree and hit the man on the head to taunt him. But the man took the coconut and drank the milk, ate the meat and from the rest, made a bowl.

I personally would like to thank all the monkeys who threw coconuts from the trees I've walked under thus far in my life.

I may have received a few lumps on the head. And some I probably deserved. Nonetheless, I've managed to have something to drink and something to eat and I have accumulated a good many bowls.


So, Thanks for the coconuts.

Signed,
Rachelle

P.S.

I suppose I should also confess that I, myself, am sometimes the monkey. I freely admit it.

To those at whom I personally have hurled the occasional coconut.... You're welcome.

:)